Thursday, February 25, 2010

OIsashiburi - Part 1

As the title suggests "long time no see", yeah it has been a very long time since I took the pledge of writing blogs every day and absconded ever since. Today, reading one of the blogs written by "Nikhil" a fellow pagalguy, I decided to wake up from my hibernation. This blog contains all the stuff that pops up in my mind and of course they are all centered around me!

The book of the year -- This is about the book I had read this year, "The Lost Symbol" a hard-to-put-down book which I read through the journey back and forth Nashik. Though having read a lot of books of this genre, this one has been one of my favorites probably because this is the most recent book that I have read. The plot gathers a lot of momentum when the characters unite to reach their goal like every other novel, but what makes Dan Brown stay out of the queue is that the suspense of the thriller just keeps building in a way that you think you are predicting but it is the other way. The suspense blocks in each chapter, whole new idea about Masonry (something I have never heard of before reading the book) and its commonness with religions followed in the world, Neotic science and its advancement are few things worth mentioning about the book. The major after effects of the books are - I am searching and reading contents about Masonry, reading history were Abraham sacrifices his son to the God and the possible correlations brought about in the book regarding this. I am definitely looking forward for the movie with Tom Hanks playing the role of Robert Langdon and am waiting to see who plays Mal'akh. I would rate this book in between "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons". Few books that I have planned to read in the coming months are "Midnight's Children" by Salman Rushdie, "The Prisoner of Birth" by Jeffery Archer.


No comments:

Post a Comment